Camp Diary - Page 9

Sunday 4th May 2003

THE GREAT PUB HUNT

One of the items on the program was to eat out. We got back to north Anglesey at about 8.00pm and headed for a local pub that I knew served good food, it was full, we then headed to the next pub down the road but this was also full. What then followed was a 15 minute drive following a sign from the main road advertising a pub that sold food, the 15 minute drive took us to the most remote pub I have ever been too, but things were looking up, the car park was empty (no surprise there). Alex and me went in and checked that they could cater for us, and they said they could. We took the lads in, sat them down and bought them all a drink, Alex then appeared with some menus and he wrote down the order, 2 Tikka Masala’s, 3 Lasagne’s and 3 scampi plus leaders food. Alex and me headed off to the bar to place the order. We told the lady at the bar we wished to place the food order, she then informed us that their were a few things that they had run out of, they were ‘Tikka Masala, Lasagne and Scampi’ (How I managed to stay calm I don’t know but anyone who knows me will vouch that I did not use any bad language in my reply to her, maybe it was simply the icing on the cake of an unbelievable weekend or it was just that along with the lads I was now truly chilled out, because I simply replied ‘not to worry, I’ll pay you for the drinks we’ve had and we’ll try somewhere else’)

In fact we didn’t try anywhere else because I made the decision that we would get some food back at camp and go out for lunch tomorrow before we went home, we actually ended up buying chips, sausages and pies from a local chippy and eating them in the tent. (You probably can’t take any more mishaps, so I won’t tell you that the chippy messed up on our mass order and when we got back too the campsite we found that all the kids orders were there but Alex and Louise’s orders were missing).

By now so much had append on the camp that we found no trouble in sitting around, just talking and enjoying each others company before we went off to bed, we were now truly a group that were capable of handling absolutely anything that live could throw at it and still be smiling, laughing and joking at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment